Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Installed Bookcase


This is a picture of the completed bookcase.  Have to apologize for the quality of it though but I couldn't get enough distance from it to make a better image.  I only put in a few of the 12 shelves just to get an idea of how it looks when it's all together.  Thankfully the recess where this unit went into was fairly square.  I started in the construction industry as a carpenter and for the life of me, can't figure out why homes these days just can't be square.  Well maybe I can, when I was in the trades the emphasis was on good you were, now it's on how fast you are.  In the early 80's I was hired by my principal to do some finish work in a custom home he was having built for him, couldn't believe the lack of quality.  That's one of the reasons I built my own house in Boulder City -- that and the fact I couldn't qualify for one on my teachers salary!

No comments:

Post a Comment