Friday, March 26, 2010

All Clayed Up

   Before I call it a night I thought I should show you the progress on the Ali Frame.  Here it is with the final coat of clay on it.  Now you can make out the design better.  I'm apprehensive about starting to lay the leaf tomorrow but very anxious at the same time.  Patience is a virtue you definitely need to be a gilder and that's my goal. I know one of my problems is that I carry a lot of static around with me which causes the leaf to curl around the gilders tip.  Really, how many other people do you know that get a shock from the water when washing their hands or getting a drink!  Happens to me all the time.  Got shocked when I took a drink at the athletic club this afternoon.  My plan is to coat my hands with lots of powder and not wear wool socks.

1 comment: