Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Opened up an Etsy Store!


It's a Start

     Those of you who have been following my blog know that I recently had a showing of my original custom boxes.  The show had a very good turn-out and sales were good but now it's time to shamelessly attempt to market my work.  Something most of us artist/craftsman don't really care to do.   I had no problem doing that for Diane and rather enjoyed being the Artist Representative.  Big difference there was that it really wasn't personal.
     I've done some internet marketing with my website and taken a stab by using Custom Made but the results weren't the greatest.  It seems that unless you build furniture that is knock down and screwed together on site the shipping costs are prohibitive.  There is a very limited market for a small scale, one man custom furniture shop such as mine but I'll continue to work on finding ways to enter it during these trying economic.
   
 Here is the link to the Etsy store:

               http://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodworksbyJohn?ref=si_shop

     At this time I've only listed the boxes remaining from the show.  I plan to add some other items that are reasonably sized so that shipping isn't a huge concern.  If you enjoy your wine a project coming soon will be an apartment or condo sized wine and glasses cabinet.  I don't want this to sound like a commercial but if you get the time I'd appreciate it if you could check out the Etsy store.  I'm open for suggestions on lay-out, photography, pricing, or any other constructive comments you may have.  If you have anyone you think would be interested in the site it'd be great if you share the link with them.

................... jeez, I feel as if I should end this post by saying:

 "I'm John Eugster and I approve this message"



No comments:

Post a Comment